Blog Post #8: Privacy Online

 

Online Presence:

    Believe it or not, you are being tracked. All of the time. And yes that means right now. Everything you do online is being kept track of by your internet browser and ultimately, the government. Nothing you do or say online can be kept secret, or even be erased. Your online footprint is permanent no matter what you do. Unless of course, you have the mass amounts of money it takes to remove it. Much like a tattoo. What you may not know is that all websites have cookies that track your online behavior. This is how the internet and your social media sources are able to give you such great advertisements so that you can't resist clicking on them. If you're like me, you call these cookies your FBI agent watching over you all the time. Sometimes I love thinking about shopping for a new pair of converse and have my next Instagram ad to be of shoes, but sometimes it gets to be a little bit scary. My "FBI Agent" knowing exactly what I want and when I want it means I have not been doing such a great job erasing my online footprint. It's important to erase all cookies from your browser after closing out the tab. Your location and camera should never be left on and your browser should never be left running. The internet continues to track you as long as you give it the means to. As far as privacy online, there is none.

Sources: 

blob:https://embed.ted.com/f89be56b-2713-48eb-82e3-ce8dd998bf3b

Comments

Popular Posts